Friday, April 20, 2012

8 Week Beach Body Challenge: Shannon Rose


Hi, may name is Shannon, I have always been active and physically fit up until a few years ago when I wrecked my motorcycle and injured my knee. After physical therapy, my doctor told me that I was limited to the extent of my physical activity; plyos, squats, lunges, running...it was all a thing of the past. I was in the worst shape of my life physically, mentally and emotionally. In the Spring of 2010, a friend of mine had talked me into trying out Samson’s, I loved it and started lifting and was building strength back up in my knee when a 205 lb box squat attempt did me in later in the year. I went back to my orthopedist and he told me not to bend my knee more than I could walk. I decided to take some time off to let everything heal.

I jumped back into Samson’s, November of 2011 and started eating clean. I signed up for the 8 week beach body competition that started in February of 2012 with intentions on it being my motivation to keep me in the gym and it worked. The transformations that my body has made in such a short amount of time have amazed me. What amazes me even more is I can see where I could have made bigger changes and seen quicker results. I'm healthier now than I have ever been in my life. I’m building muscle in all the right places. I feel accomplished and my energy is through the roof! I may not be attempting a 205 squat (“yet”), but I am stronger in every aspect of my life and I have Samson’s and my whole support team and most importantly, myself to thank for that!

2 comments:

  1. Shannon you should be proud.Never let anyone tell you you can't do something.What you have accomplished is proof to all that you can do anything you set your mind to. Proud of you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much! I appreciate that! :)

      Delete