Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Building A Template

Before anything you decide to do, you should have goals set to help you accomplish this task. I have my eyes set on another competition in November and after this last contest I realized some things:
1. I need to work on my grip, because I had more deadlifts in the
rest of my body but not in my grip.
2. I need to work on leg drive for my logs.
3. Build some stones and use them, already working on this one.
4. Put on some weight.
5. Get stronger.
So I will base my training around those things and create a template to improve my weaknesses and build my strengths. So here goes...

Mon: Max Effort Over Head Press 1-5RM
Heavy Triceps 3-5sets 6-10reps
Back 3-5sets 10-15reps
Triceps Finisher 3sets 25-50reps
Circuit Abs 3sets 10-15reps

Tues: Max Effort Deadlifts 1-5Rm
Squat Variation 5-7sets 6-10reps
Grip 5sets of random exercises
Traps 5sets 10-20reps

Weds: OFF

Thurs: Dynamic Upper Body/Heavy Back
Upper Body Plyometrics 10sets 3reps
Back 4-6sets 3-10reps
Triceps 3-4sets 8-12reps
Biceps 3-4sets 8-12reps
Heavy Abs 5sets 8-10reps

Fri: OFF

Sat: Events Training
Will consists of 3-4 events, specifically the ones in my next contest.

Sun: OFF


This template is made as broad as can be. I do this so you can see what a base template looks like for me. I am not subscribing this to anyone, but you can use this same template and cut out my weaknesses and add yours to have an effective base template.

My diet will consist of carb cycling. High carb days will be on training days and low carb days on my off days. Training days I will consume a healthy 4000 calories and on the low days I will consume 2800 calories. I will monitor my weight and make adjustments as I go. I am starting off at 215lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment