Monday, July 20, 2009

Gotta have Heart

There are several elements I have to deal with day in and day out when it comes to training athletes. The one thing though I never deal with is lack of heart and dedication. These athletes give it all they have day in and day out, after their 9 to 5 jobs. Genetics can only take you so far, you have to work hard to accomplish the goals you desire. I had two triathletes compete yesterday in the Key Biscayne Trilogy. It consisted of a .25mile swim, 8mile bike, and 3.1mile run. This is a sport where you are all by yourself. There is no team to compensate for your mistakes. It takes alot of HEART to get through these grueling events. Here is a video of one of my athletes competing in the triathlon.


My wife was the other competitor and she finished in 1:10:34.
The next journey for these two athletes is a half ironman in November located in Miami, Florida. I will post there training leading up to this event.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true! It's just you against the world out there on the course.

    ReplyDelete