Friday, July 17, 2009

Show Time

As you know my first show is tomorrow, so this got me thinking of a question I get all the time. What should I do the weeks leading up to my show? The way I designed my program is to peak at the show not in a training session. Two weeks out I will set my rep percentages at 90% for my main lifts of the week and hit 1 easy rep. This will let you know were you are at going into the show. I keep the reps and sets of my accessory work around 3 sets 10-12 reps low intensity and moderate volume. The week leading up to the show I do absolutely nothing in the weight room. The best piece of advice I have ever recieved is that you will not lose any strength in a week. I do some walking, stretching, and foam rolling. After a week of rest you should be itching to lift something heavy.

P.S. I will have a video and full report of the show this weekend, so stay tuned.



P.P.S. What did you do today?




1 comment: