Sunday, September 20, 2009

Congratulations

Today was a huge day for Samson S&C. We had three of our triathletes go down to Miami and dominate the Key Biscayne Trilogy Triathlon today. Mike Montgomery, Rick and Susan Weidner have been training with us for the last two months and have really made some excellent gains. Rick was shooting for finishing in 1hr and 30min and he finished in 1hr and 24min, great job today. His wife Susan was shooting for 1hr and 40min and finished in 1hr and 30min, another great job. Mike was shooting for 1hr and 1min and managed 1hr and 23secs and took home fifth place. Congrats to those three athletes and we expect much more from them in the near future. Now sit back and enjoy some football and your family.

Here is some of their training that got them to be where they are today.



4 comments:

  1. tony congrats to you and those lucky enough to train with you. Great work tony, being a professional strongman can you give me any info on farmers carries. Do you keep your shoulders shruged or let the weight pull them done. I am trying to improve my farmers carry for distance mental toughness and stanima, you do this for a living any helpful hints that have work for you . Thanks again tony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a pro yet, I am trying to work my way up to it, but thanks for the kind words. Farmers you need to just grip it tight and focus on keeping your core tight. I would not rec. just shrugging it and going as it will tire you out faster. Just remember quick feet as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony thankyou that helps me thank you so much. Tony one more question about the iron mind appollon axle. I read that in you strongman event i think you hit 12 reps at 400 pounds is that with the overhand grip. Very impressive tony those are serious numbers could you offer any insight as to how you built up to those numbers any advice would be very helpful for someone trying to get those types of # thanks again tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will post a deadlift article in a few days and keep asking questions I will answer as many as I can get to.

    ReplyDelete