Friday, September 18, 2009

Football Power

It is football season and all my athletes are cleating up and hitting the field. It is an awesome feeling to see your guys out there busting their butts on the field and making a name for themselves. These are the same ones who never miss a workout and come to train hard everyday. I find that the worst thing you can have at your gym is someone who complains about everything. These are the same people who need you to hold their hand through the entire workout and can not motivate themselves. These people will pollute your gym and ruin your reputation. There comes a time when you have to put the money aside and say enough is enough. This is when I tell them this gym is not the place for you and send them on their way. Sorry about that little rant, now on to my football players preparing for an Elite Combine next year. Here is a video of one player performing a Max Effort Upper Body day, check it out.


Now normally I would not have any of my football players perform heavy push presses, because you do not want to beat up their shoulders any more than necessary. With this football player, his season was over a year ago and he has already graduated, so there is no football for him in the foreseeable future. He came to me to prepare him for a combine in May and he is an experienced lifter with no shoulder problems. He has also been with us for a while, so with all that being said we feel comfortable going on a three week wave of push presses.

P.S. I learned the triceps death from Joe Defranco when I went up there to train it is a great way to build up triceps strength and endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment