Sunday, January 17, 2010

Train Them Differently?

I get a lot of questions on whether or not I train my female athletes the same way I train my male athletes. I then ask them "Do the female athletes want to get stronger and faster?" They say yes, so I say "Then of course I train them the same way." I train my athletes so they are bigger, stronger, and faster. I train their bodies to be able to handle the stress that athletics puts on their body. Now with girls you will have to focus on different aspects of the training, such as really focusing on developing hamstring strength to try and alleviate the strain on their ACL's. But we make them do box squats, box jumps, sled pulls, and anything else you can think of. We train athletes here and like athlete's and nothing else. Here is a video of one of our athlete's and a boot camp we held over the weekend, enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment