Monday, October 3, 2011

Guilt-Free Cobbler and Motivation!!!

Guilt-Free Cobbler
This recipe makes a perfect fall dessert. I used peaches, but feel free to substitute with apples or pears. Traditional cobblers and pies are filled with fat and sugar - this recipe is much lighter, but will satisfy your sweet tooth just as well.
Servings: 1

Here's what you need:
  • 1 sweet, ripe peach (or apple or pear)
  • coconut cooking spray
  • 1 teaspoon agave nectar
  • pinch of sea salt
  • pinch of freshly ground cinnamon
  1. Wash, peel and pit the peach. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
  2. Pre-heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Spray lightly with coconut cooking spray.
  3. Saute the peach pieces for about a minute, then add the agave nectar, salt and cinnamon. Continue to saute for another few minutes until it turns a deep golden color.
  4. Serve and enjoy immediately!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 53 calories, .2g fat, 100mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 1.8g fiber, and 1g protein.


Find Your Motivation!!!!!
Motivation comes from having a goal. What is your goal? Why do you want to get into great shape?

Take a minute to really uncover the reason that you want to lose the weight. Don't say something vague like you want to 'Be thinner' or 'Look more attractive.' Dig deeper - there is a very specific motivator in your life, you simply need to uncover it.

Here are some possible motivators...

  • I want to have more energy to keep up with the kids.
  • I want to improve my health through weight loss to extend and improve my life.
  • I want to lose 15 pounds before my vacation.
  • I want to restore my confidence to wear sleeveless shirts.
  • I want to regain my figure to impress and attract my significant other.

No comments:

Post a Comment