Thursday, October 27, 2011

It' all About the "YOU"

Good morning Samsonite’s, don’t know where that name came from, but let’s roll with it J

I wanted to share with you a kind of embarrassing story that I am sure has happened to you at least once or twice in your life time. I have been so busy getting everything set up at the gym, fixing all the admin stuff, getting everything organized and systematized and talking with clients trying to re-introduce myself so everyone feels comfortable with me coming back to train them. So for the last couple of days 5 to be exact I’ve gotten on average 3 hours of sleep a night. Well come to find out I forgot to pay my cell phone bill and guess what I remembered last night only because I could not make any phone calls or text’s. So now I have to go to the store and suffer whatever fees and consequences that come with this. If only I took some me time I would of remembered to pay my bill.

There is a purpose to this story besides showing my inability to my pay my bills on time. I see it way to often at the gym and with everyone who comes in and out of Samson’s. People always seem to put life BEFORE themselves. Most people have a list of important things in this world and it almost always looks like this. (In order of most important to least important)

1.       Family

2.       Spouse

3.       Work

4.       Self

This is the downfall for most people; they don’t value themselves and take care of themselves. Just imagine how much happier your family spouse and employer would be if you just took some time to yourself and made yourself happy and healthier. Tell me if this sounds familiar to you, “I am always in a rush driving my kids to activities and packing them healthy snacks that I just don’t have time to exercise or prepare healthy food for myself, so I just eat at McDonald’s because it’s convenient and fast.”
You have to remember that if you’re happy, than everyone around you will be happy, but because we are last on our own list than we start to feel guilty if we do stuff for ourselves and how do we cope with guilt we eat comfort food. Your kids and spouse WANT you to go to the gym for an hour and free yourself; they understand the sacrifices you make on a daily basis to better their life now they just want you to better yours. So try to start moving up your list and see what a profound impact it makes on you, your quality of life and everyone else around you. It’s ok to take an hour of YOUR day to exercise, all you are doing is teaching your kids to value themselves more and that it is ok to make yourself happy, because if you don’t, if you stay at the bottom of your food chain then you will be miserable, depressed, and eventually give yourself all kinds of health problems. Do YOU think your family wants that?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds familiar! Thank great blog to keep the motivation for changes!

    ReplyDelete