Friday, March 12, 2010

What's in My Gym Bag

Q: Hey coach with your contest right around the corner I was wondering what exactly you take to your show. I am planning on doing one next month and I want to be as prepared as possible.
Zach

A: Zach, good question because every show will require you to bring new things. I am packing my bag right now as we speak.

First things first, I am putting in my elbow and knee sleeves, wrist wraps because some shows allow them. I bring a massage stick and hot stuff just in case something decides to tighten up on me. Next I have some nose tork, chalk, and tacky. Some times the promoter will not have chalk. The nose tork I will use when needed to stimulate my CNS for a big lift. I will bring three pairs of shoes, one cross trainer, work boots for tire flips, and my five finger vibram shoes which I use for any medley or walking event. I will bring some shirts and some socks just in case it gets really hot. I will bring a cooler full of food for the day ahead. I won't pack anything I don't usually eat because I don't know how my body will react.

I will bring some shaker cups, one filled with NO-Xplode, another filled with Volumaize and Cellmass. I get all my products from BSN and I think they really help me get through and excel at my shows. I also bring my wife for camera work and moral support and that is it.

Zach I hope this helps, always be prepared for the worst and never take anything you have not already taken before. Good luck and let me know how the show goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment