Monday, November 14, 2011

Building A Game Plan


With a new mind set and goal comes a new game plan. Formulating a game plan is the key to success in reaching any goal. You can’t have a game plan unless you have a goal though, so first develop your goal and then formulate your game plan.

My goal is set for February 4th for our 24 hour adventure race; this will require a great deal of mental strength, physical strength, muscular endurance, and cardio vascular strength. I have to set up my game plan to optimize my HUMAN potential in all these facets. The race will consist of trekking, mountain biking, kayaking, land navigating, and swimming. As you can see it will require a very stringent training and nutrition regimen in order for me to be at my best for the race. With all these different requirements you can feel like you have to do everything at once which will lead to overtraining and worst injury. That’s where the game plan comes into play, planning it out now instead of winging it will help me not over train.

When formulating your game plan you have to start at the date of the competition and work your way back in order to peak for the contest. Who cares if you have the best run time of your life in week 6 and then you run like crap at the race because you peaked too soon.

So here is a rough template of how my training will look:

Sunday: Bike/Mental Toughness Training

Monday: Boot Camp

Tuesday: Run/Upper Body Endurance

Weds: Boot Camp/ Strength Legs

Thurs: Run/Bike

Fri: Boot Camp

Sat: Run/Strength Upper Body



Now the mental toughness days are just crazy workouts used to push myself to the limits of my mental threshold and to make me better so I never give up. I will go into more detail and give a lot more specifics as to what I am doing, but I just wanted you to see what I have going on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment