Thursday, November 17, 2011

Spartan Race Training and Breakfast

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
 Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am starting to get my legs back under me; it has been difficult going from Strongman/Powerlifting to training for the Spartan Race. At first I wasn’t even able to run 7 minutes without my ankles swelling up and my calves and shins feeling like they were going to explode, but just the other day I was able to run 41 minutes nonstop with zero pain. I went from 245lbs to 230lbs in 4 weeks and will try to get down to 210lbs by Feb. 4ths adventure race. This experience has completely opened my eyes as to what the human body is capable of only if you put your MIND and HEART into it. Dedication is the key and I am extremely dedicated to being the best!!!
Here is yesterdays and todays workout:
11/16/11
5:30am Boot Camp
6:30pm Max Effort Lower Body
Safety Squat Bar Box Squats w/ Heavy Bands- 1rm-495lbs
Glute Ham Rasies w/ Light Band- 4x12
Leg Raises- 3x10
Safety Squat Bar Goodmornings- 3x20
Power Wheel Leg Ins- 3x20
Today’s Cardio 11/17/11
5:30am Brick Run
1.8 mile run, 8.8 mile bike, 1.8 mile run (Took me 1hr and 12 minutes)
8:30pm Recovery Walk 45 minutes
Today is the first day of my new diet and breakfast looked like this:
5 egg whites
3ounces of Turkey
Handful of Spinach
Gluten/Wheat Free Oatmeal
Gluten/Wheat Free Quinoa
Almond Milk
It was a good mix of protein, fat, and carbs which is essential after a hard workout. I will taper of the carbs as the day goes on simply because I am not doing any other form of exercise today besides my recovery walk later on tonight.
This journey is going to be like nothing I have ever done before but I am extremely excited to see how far I can push the human body and the human potential!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment