Sunday, November 13, 2011

Changes

What’s going on guys, hope you are all having a great day. I found out fast this past week how valuable life is and the time we have on this earth is. My papaw recently passed away on Nov.3rd 2011 and that had me and my family reeling and we are still trying to catch our breathe. He was one of the nicest and funniest men I have ever known and you could not find a person to say anything negative about him. With his passing I had a ton of time to think and reflect about where I‘ve been and where I am about to go. After 2 days of no sleep and a lot of thinking I started to put my life in order. I’ve moved on in my life and I am ready to start a new chapter in it. I have a book deal coming up where I will be writing a chapter on strength training. I’ve found a great person who is a POSITIVE influence in my life and keeps me motivated and going forward. I capitalize positive for the simple fact that I had to many negative people in my life and had to get rid of them and slowly but surely they are exiting my life and guess what I am more successful and happier than I’ve ever been and I look forward to waking up every day and I can’t wait to see what the next couple months has to bring and the next year will bring.

With all these life changes happening I’ve also decided to change up my entire workout and diet regimen. My calendar for 2012 is starting to fill up with events I never even thought about doing.

February 4th I will be doing a 24 hour adventure race

March 10th I will be doing a ½ Marathon

Oct. 13th I will be doing a Spartan Race in South Carolina


And I am sure There will be a lot more thrown in there throughout the year as my outlook and life and training has changed so will my diet instead of carb cycling I will be doing a diet based on 45% Protein, 35% Carbs, and 20% Fats. There will be tweaks here and there but this is my base for now. I will be putting up sample diets and sample workouts as well. I’ve moved on from powerlifting and strongman to trying to achieve peak human potential in all 3 facets of training strength, endurance, and speed. I will keep everyone posted on my workouts, diet, and cardio regimen in order to turn myself into a Spartan Warrior by October 2012!!!!


What changes are you making in your life and why wait until the New Year to do it start NOW!!!

1 comment:

  1. In congruence with your last statement, I once saw a quote that stated this:

    "a year from now, youre going to wish you started today."

    I just thought it was a great quote. Often times I think if only I knew then what I know now, I would've done it. But that shouldnt matter...I shouldve done it then without thinking it over.

    ReplyDelete