Friday, June 29, 2012

Team Mission SlimPossible Week 4 Blog Blast!!!!


Team Mission SlimPossible Blog Blast #4



Welcome to Week #4!! As we are almost halfway through the ‘challenge’ it is our hope that many of your goals you has set have already been made or are in the final stages!! You should by now getting used to the intensity of the bootcamps and the importance of a clean diet.  In this blog, I will talk about how to manage getting a workout in and eating healthy on a busy schedule Keep up the excellent work, we are so very proud of EVERYONE!



 



Sticking with a Schedule by Shauna:

Being the Mom of an 18 month old, my schedule is already filled with simply watching her! She is walking now, almost running and I swear I get a workout chasing after her;) I am often asked when do I get time to fit a workout in and my answer is simple-I make time.  I don’t make excuses and my fiancĂ© Sean is a huge help in allowing me to get a workout.  I teach high school, so I would usually pick up Shay by 3pm and go on a run right when I got home.  I would then go workout at bootcamp or do a video at home.  Now, during the summer I am personal training all hours of the day, so I will find an hour or two to workout at the gym or go on a run.  I really want to be healthy for my family, so that is what I do and will always do.  I also look at the workout time as time for ME.  Everyone needs this!! Make time, it will lead to a happier and healthier you.

I found this on Livestrong.com:

Work, family, laundry, volunteering and any number of other commitments serve as an excuse to avoid exercise. While schedules seem to get busier all the time, making exercise a priority increases your health and fitness level. Small adjustments to your busy schedule will likely make enough room for a quick workout, whether you head to the gym, walk around the neighborhood or work out in your home gym. Build off of your current fitness level, aiming for at least 30 minutes of exercise each day.

Step 1

Look for commitments on the calendar that you can eliminate, move to a different time or delegate to someone else to open up time for a workout. Review your daily schedule to identify possible exercise breaks in the day.

Step 2

Wake up 30 minutes earlier each morning to fit in a quick workout. The workout may give you more energy at the beginning of your day, providing you a boost to be more productive.

Step 3

Walk, run or bike to work if possible. You will likely need to wake up earlier, but your commute doubles as your daily workout and benefits the environment.

Step 4

Exercise during your lunch break at work. This is particularly convenient if you have an on-site gym at your office or if you enjoy walking or running. Bring a quick brown bag lunch so you have time for both exercise and lunch.

Step 5

Increase your intensity during regular household chores, such as cleaning, mowing and shopping. Do squats as you clean, mow your neighbor's yard in addition to yours, or park at the end of the lot when you go shopping.

Step 6

Work out on an exercise bike, elliptical trainer or treadmill while you watch television.

Step 7

Schedule regular active family time in the evenings and on weekends. Take a nightly walk around the neighborhood, ride bikes or go hiking in a natural area. This combines family bonding time and exercise, increasing your entire family's health.

Step 8

Write your exercise time on your calendar or in your planner to make it more of a commitment.

Step 9

Exercise with a workout partner. This increases the chances of you sticking to your workout instead of letting other responsibilities push it to the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment