Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy Friday!!! Team Mission SlimPossible Blogging it!!!!


Team Mission SlimPossible Blog Blast 6

Wow! It’s getting HOT outside! We hope that you guys are hydrated yourselves and not just at the gym but at work, home, school or wherever your daily travels take you! We want to stress the idea of trying different activities such as paddle boarding, weightlifting and spinning.  Of course there are many other activities you can try such as swimming, running, surfing, mountain/hill/trail climbing and even compete in a tough mudder race!! All these activities promote a healthy and active lifestyle and keep your body guessing and wanting more! So, as briefly mentioned above, Justin will talk about paddle boarding and Shauna will gab about spinning! Enjoy!



Shauna+Spin=LOVE

I am a SPIN addict! I got into Spin in college when a friend convinced me to go and try the class and 5 minutes in, I was hooked.  I ended up teaching Spin that next year at the recreation center at my college along with a variety of other fitness classes..and that is where it ALL began;)) I have been hooked on fitness and it is something that I will ALWAYS have a passion for.  Spinning is one of those activities that you must try at least once, it isn’t for everyone-just like any other activity-but I promise an incredible and fun workout.  I moved to PSL right after college and took Spin classes at Gold’s, they were really good! I invited a friend, who now is a Spin Instructor in West Palm, teaching at over 4 gyms!! Because I was so passionate, I went and talked to different gyms and ended up teaching at one in the area and at one point I was teaching 3 times a week.  The people in my classes were so pumped and excited to be there and left the same..just really sweaty;) I am now teaching one class at Cycle Traxx-the bay directly behind Samsons S&C-it says Florida Personal Training on the door.  The cost is $5 a class (really good) and I am doing Mondays at 6:15-7:15 p.m.  Come out and give it a whirl! My music is upbeat and I can’t stress enough that ‘it’s YOUR ride’! Just because I may be doing one thing-doesn’t mean you have to…I would like you to try though! Spinning burns calories, elevates your heart rate for maximum fat burn and overall let’s those endorphins do there thing!!! Message me if you would like more information!!






Justin’s Paddle Boarding Basics


Hey gang, Justin here with a great idea on how to combine recreation, exercise and fun! It’s called Stand up Paddle boarding, or SUP for short. Basically it’s just like what it sounds! Take an oversized surfboard that is very stable and grab a specialized paddle and you are on your way. It’s a great way to enjoy the Florida lifestyle and get a new perspective on being out on the water. And let me tell you, it’s a great workout too! It helps with balance and coordination and it really works your core and all the little muscles that you stabilize yourself with.

It has really taken off in this area and there are several shops and group outings that are a great way to get introduced to it. It’s something people of all ages and abilities can do. I tried it for the first time recently and I am saving up for my first board as we speak. 

If you are interested in getting started there are two places I highly recommend. For those of you in Port Saint Lucie, check out TC Paddle in Jensen Beach at www.tcpaddle.com. If you live near Fort Pierce, go see Lisa at www.getoutsideanddosomething.com.

If you try it, you might get addicted like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment