Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Week of a Strongman


I am doing something new this week. I am going to take you through a week of my training in preparation for my strongman show on March 13th. It is the 4th annual SW Florida Strongman in Fort Myers. I did this show last year for my first show and took first place; I plan to do the same this year. This is my last heavy week before I start to turn it down and deload for the show.

Today is my upper body accessory day, it always varies but it will consist of a lot of upper back and either some over head pressing or regular bench pressing.

Log Clean & Press- 165x5, 185x5, 205x5, 225x5, 245x5
This is my overhead movement; I did overhead this week first because I performed CG bench press on my max effort day last week.
Barbell Rows- 135x15, 185x12, 205x12, 225x12
I am really trying to bring my back strength up and build some mass, so I am doing a good weight with more reps.
I superset my next couple of exercise, just to finish up the workout a little faster.
JM Presses- 95x15, 135x12, 155x10x2
Inverted Rope Rows- BWx15x4
These are great exercises to bring up triceps strength without putting a lot of stress on the shoulders. The rope rows are good for building up grip strength and upper back and lat strength. The rope is 2in thick.
Face Pulls w/ Average Jump Stretch bands- 4x15
Face Pulls w/ Monster Mini's 100x
Hammer Curls w/ slow eccentric- 35lbs x12x3
Just adding more volume to my upper back and hammers has a good carry over to the log.
Finished up with a core circuit.
Med Ball Twist, Ab Wheel, Knee Raises 3x10

If you have any questions about anything I did or why I am doing it this way feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment