Monday, February 22, 2010

The Week of a Strongman

Today was my Max Effort Lower Body day. This is my last heavy squat before my competition. Today was a good day because I made all my prescribed lifts. If I was missing my weight's this close to comp time I would be in some serious trouble. Here is the breakdown of today's workout.
Box Squats- 80% of 1rm 5x5 @425lbs
Zercher Squats- 185x12, 225x10, 245x10, 265x10
I kept this pretty light today because we hit a lot of sets of the box squats. These have a great carry over to my log press and really help to strengthen my quads, lower and upper back.
Split Squats w/ 40lbsChains- (Bar Weight) 95x10, 115x8, 135x8
We have the chains suspended through the whole squat this really helps bring in your stabilizers and helps you focus on keeping your abs tight.
GHR w/ Mini Band- 4x15

Pretty self explanatory, trying to bring up my hamstring strength.
Average Band Crunches and Side Bends- 3x20

No comments:

Post a Comment