Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another Client Transformation and a Quick Recipe to Try


Rebecca Racine
From a very small age I was involved in sports. I was a gymnast and soccer player for 7 years and played basketball for 3 years. The last thing I ever had to think twice about was my weight. I graduated from high school in 2008 and that is when the active Rebecca came to a halt and the pounds started to creep up on me. I finally took a look at myself about 4 month ago and said, "What happened, this is not who I am nor who I want to be." It was time for a change but I knew a Gold's gym was not going to cut it for me. I knew I needed people to push and motivate me so I decided to try Samson's. The first couple weeks opened my eyes to how far I let myself go and things needed to change. I saw how much heart Tony put into his gym and training. This was when I told myself I want to have passion like that. I started coming to Samson's 5 days a week. Tony helped me completely change my eating habits, set me up with challenging training sessions, and taught me to find the drive and will power within myself to change my life. Today, 4 months later, I have found that passion. I am now a part of the power lifting team and I am proud of the way I look and feel. Thank you Samson's for believing in me!
















Spinach, Mango, and Red Quinoa Salad (with Chicken)












Crisp baby spinach blends with sweet mango, tender chicken and a sprinkle of red quinoa in this refreshing salad. Complete with your veggies, protein and wholegrain, this salad is a balance meal in and of itself.


Servings: 2

Here's what you need...

•2 cups baby spinach
•1 small carrot, shredded
•2 Tablespoons red onion, minced
•1/4 cup red quinoa, cooked
•1/4 cup ripe mango, diced
•1 cup cooked chicken breast, diced
•2 Tablespoons lowfat salad dressing (Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing)


1.Place the spinach, carrot, onion, quinoa, mango, and chicken in a medium bowl. Toss with dressing.


Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 248 calories, 4.7g fat, 301mg sodium, 25.5g carbohydrate, 3.4g fiber, and 25.5g protein.



No comments:

Post a Comment