Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pro MMA Fighter & New Samson Personal Trainer Phil Daru



Q: Tell the readers a little bit about your background.

A: My name is Phil Daru but most people call me Bam Bam I am a professional MMA fighter under Din Thomas and American Top Team, I’m also a former division 1 collage football player for Alabama State, I have been apart of the fitness and athletic world all my life and I currently have my own diet program for athletes or anyone trying to get healthy I named it Daru Diet, I am originally from Fort Lauderdale, Florida and I have now been living in Port Saint Lucie for 3 years I am a very determined and hard working person and I demand the best out of not only my self but from the people I work with, I have an associates degree in sports science and am currently working towards my bachelors in sports medicine, I am also a certified sports nutritionist and kickboxing instructor. I've been training and coaching people since I was a freshman in high school I used to run our strength and conditioning program for my football team at the age of 14. I commit myself and my time to whatever I have to do and will not stop until it is fully accomplished.

Q: How long have you been fighting for? What is your biggest strength when it comes to fighting?

A: I've been fighting MMA for about 3 years now I did Kempo Karate when I was younger and I was also an amateur boxer all thru high school and college, My biggest strength when it comes to fighting is my athleticism I feel like no one that steps in the cage with me is as fast or as strong as me, my power and agility are unmatched.

Q: I heard about this Daru Diet you are doing is getting tremendous results, can you give a brief example of what it entails?

A: I started the Daru Diet when one of my teammates and best friend on my team Rock Georges needed to cut 30 pounds before his next big fight at 155lbs Rock came to me on a Sunday and told me he weighed 184lbs and weigh ins were on Friday without even thinking I told him no doubt I can get u down it's not a problem so needless to say with strict dieting and a water reduction I got Rock down to 154lbs the night of weigh ins and I did it the right way he felt great the next day and fought well, since then I started getting calls from everyone wanting me to work on there diet, I tell people that it's not just a diet but a complete life style change, I make sure my clients and athletes are getting the right amount of nutrients and vitamins to help there body become the healthiest its ever been, No gimmicks just the right foods at the right times for proper micronutrient and macronutrients balance.

Q: In your quest to stay lean and strong how important is diet to you and could you give a breakdown of what a day looks like for you diet wise?

A: I am an absolute believer in dieting and eating right if you are not putting the right foods in your body then it doesn't matter how hard you work out you won't get the results you are looking for. I make sure I get enough protein and carbohydrates to fuel me for my training I also make sure I get plenty of fiber through green vegetables I also drink at least 1-2 gallons of water a day for adequate hydration I try and stay away from sweets as much as I can. I never go above 20 grams of sugar a day if anymore I will begin to put on belly fat and that's definitely not what I want.

Q: How do you have the energy to train MMA, strength training, and training your clients, is there something you take for energy or is it in you diet or sleep?

A: I have the energy to take care of all of those things because I make sure I get at least 7-8 hours of sleep and keep a lot veggies in my meals. This give’s my body the nutrients to with stand the high demand I put on my body on a daily basis.

Q: What is the number one thing that your client must do to achieve the body they want?

A: The # 1 thing my client must do to achieve there goal is to be CONSISTENT.

Q: How has playing college football and being a pro MMA fighter influenced your training styles?

A: I love to train like an elite athlete because it keeps the workouts interesting. All of my clients will never do the same workout twice and also be able to do functional things better then they ever did before.

Q: You have to cut weight a lot of times for a fight, what is the most optimal way to do this without losing any strength?

A: I usually diet down for about 2 months and since I walk around usually at 180 lbs and fight at 155 lbs I diet down to about 168 lbs then I begin the weight cutting process I can cut 15-20 lbs of water in 24 hrs pretty easy so by the time the fight comes the next night I rehydrate my body back up to 173lbs

Q: How many days a week do you train and how does your split look?

A: My training schedule when I'm preparing for a fight is usually 3x a day sessions for 5-6 days a week that will consist of boxing, Bjj, wrestling, Muay Thai (kickboxing), and strength and conditioning at (Samson's) in between those times I'm training clients and working on their diets

Q: Do you have any thing coming up, next fight? Where can my readers go to find out more about you and your gym?

A: My manager is currently looking for a fight in October for me, if you want to contact me you can go to my website Daru Diet or email me at Darudiet@gmail.com, Samson S&C and Facebook me at Phil Daru you can also go to ATT PSL

No comments:

Post a Comment